The Kindergarten program is designed to cultivate a sense of wonder at God’s design of the world and its inhabitants. Through Bible stories and the memorization of Scripture students learn of God’s faithfulness to His children throughout all ages. Through daily prayer students learn that God cares about every aspect of our lives and that nothing is too hard for God. Kindergarteners are taught to interact in a godly manner in the classroom as they work with one another in daily activities. Attention is given to viewing current events from a Christian perspective.
1. “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it.”
2. Exploring God’s world, past and present, through Bible, Science and Social Studies
3. Utilizing maps for learning the continents and in connection with current events
4. Graphing, tallying and counting
5. Beginning addition and subtraction
6. Mastering consonant and vowel sounds
7. Proper letter formation
8. Beginning spelling, reading, and writing short sentences.
9. Developing a sight vocabulary
10. Interacting in a literature-rich environment
11. Learning to persevere, take responsibility for actions, and try new things.
Grade Level Highlights
1. Worshiping God through our work, music and daily studies
2. Enjoying field trips
3. Friendships with 5th graders through the Big Brother/Big Sister program
4. Enjoying special events: the Thanksgiving Feast, The Christmas program, performance of
5. The Friendly Beasts, 100th Day, Grandparents Day, and Teddy Bear Picnic
6. Instrumental music unit
7. Art History unit with trip to the Philadelphia Art Museum
A Christian World and Life View
Kindergartners learn how to interact in a godly manner in the classroom as they work with
one another in daily activities. The program is designed to cultivate a sense of wonder at
God’s design of the world and its inhabitants. God’s World News keeps us in touch with
current events from a Christian perspective. Through Bible stories and memorizing scripture,
we learn of God’s faithfulness to his children throughout all ages. Through daily prayer, we
learn that God cares about every aspect of our lives and that nothing is too hard for God.
Textbooks and Other Resources
Reading 2000, Scott Foresman, 2000
Everyday Mathematics, Everyday Learning, 2001
Handwriting, Zaner Bloser,1999
The Story of God and His People, CSI, 1999