The mission of Philadelphia-Montgomery Christian Academy is to provide excellent academic education from a consistent Christian world-and-life view for the children in Christian families*.
The vision of Philadelphia-Montgomery Christian Academy is to train ambassadors and disciples of Christ who are thoughtful, responsible, and biblically literate stewards of God’s gifts and callings.
The Mission and Vision of Philadelphia-Montgomery Christian Academy are fulfilled according to the following values:
- Phil-Mont is committed in all matters of faith and life to the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God.
- Phil-Mont subscribes to the Reformed system of doctrine as contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Confession of Faith (Philadelphia Baptist Confession). Accordingly, Phil-Mont acknowledges Christ as the Creator and Sustainer of all things, the Sovereign Ruler over all of life, and the Redeemer of sinful mankind.
- The Bible gives primary responsibility to parents to bring up their children in the “discipline and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4). Phil-Mont does not operate in the parents’ place; rather, it functions as the parental agent, with authority to act in the parents’ absence and in voluntary cooperation with them. Phil-Mont expects parents to assume responsibility for the behavior of their children. (A Christian family will be defined as a family with a profession of faith from at least one parent/guardian).
- God commands that His children develop fully in every part of their lives (Genesis 1:26-28). They should become biblically responsible citizens within their cultures and lead those cultures into deeper awareness and understanding of Jesus Christ as the Lord of culture. Phil-Mont produces students who demonstrate godliness, think biblically, and are ready to respond to God’s calling.
- Students are prepared to articulate a Christian world-and-life view in the university setting or wherever God may call them. Phil-Mont focuses on preparing students for college using classic liberal arts curricula.
- Phil-Mont upholds high standards of academic integrity. Students are expected to perform to the best of their God-given abilities.
- Phil-Mont supports the faculty in their carrying out the school’s vision by providing the necessary tools for such an endeavor, including effective leadership, appropriate organizational systems, and opportunities for professional and spiritual development. The faculty demonstrate a mastery of their academic discipline, a knowledge of educational methodology, and spiritual maturity in their interaction with students and families.
- Phil-Mont upholds biblical standards of respect and behavior, which should be reflected in the lives of students, parents, faculty, staff, and board.
- The atmosphere of Phil-Mont is characterized by loving relationships in recognition of and in response to God’s grace in individual lives and in His sustaining of the school.
- Phil-Mont serves Christian families within the Philadelphia and southeastern Montgomery County community, acknowledging and supporting its demographic diversity.
- Co-curricular programs enrich the students’ education and are delivered in a high quality and effective manner.
- All students are expected to participate in service opportunities as an integral part of the student experience.
* “Children in Christian Families”:
The Westminster Confession of Faith is clear in its definition of marriage to include a man and a woman, leaving no room for same-sex marriage or homosexuality. (WCF Chapter XXIV, Paragraphs 1, 2) The commitment parents must make to model the code of behavior in God’s Word and the Westminster Confession excludes admission of students from same-sex parents.