Affordable for families
A quality private school education requires a significant monetary commitment. To help offset that, Phil-Mont has deliberately chosen to make our academically, artistically, and athletically challenging Christian education as affordable and accessible to as many families as possible by utilizing Variable Tuition (VT).
Variable Tuition allows us to match tuition to YOUR family’s income
We strongly believe that a family’s financial commitment should be in proportion to its financial resources. Among our families are those who can afford tuition at the price it actually costs the school. There are also families who manage to pay tuition at the highest level only by making substantial sacrifice, those who are able to afford only minimal tuition, and other families in between. VT allows us to match tuition to YOUR family’s income.
Tuition Range 2017-18
|K-5||Grades 6-8||Grades 9-12|
|$5,769 – $11,538||$6,527 – $13,045||$7,388 – $14,776|
These ranges do not include activity fees (ES-$100, MS-$150, HS-$200, no more than $400 per family)
The VT Application Process
- New families submit a confidential VT Application through FACTS at a cost of $30. Do this at the same time as applying for admission. Only the families of accepted students will receive a tuition price.
- Current families submit a new VT Application through FACTS by March 31st at a cost of $30.
- The same financial information is asked of all parents (documentation of total household income on both parents’ federal income tax form 1040 from the previous year)
- VT amounts are set based on information you provide in the VT Application including total household income, assets, expenses, family size, aid families receive from other sources, as well as the school’s financial resources available at the time families apply.
- Due to limited resources it is recommended that families apply for VT as early as possible to ensure that funds are still available.
- Preference for VT is given to returning families.
- The price range for tuition has been frozen for the 2017-18 school year. Phil-Mont has not raised the price.
- Will VT increase the base tuition for families that do not qualify? No
- Should every family apply for VT? While it isn’t mandatory we encourage families to apply.
- Do I need to apply for VT every year? Yes, whether you received VT the prior year or not.
- Does VT take into account alumni, feeder school, multi-child, pastor and WTS discounts? For the 2017-18 school year they will all be retained.
- Who should I contact should I have further questions regarding VT? Phil VanVeldhuizen in the Admissions office. Click here or call 215.233.0782 x 408